Prism Control s™ provides advanced management solutions for agri-businesses worldwide. Our computerized data collection, reporting, and control systems help advance the agri-industries while providing our staff with an environment rich in innovation, opportunities for growth, and purpose.
We are the industry leader in environmental controls and egg flow for the layer industry and we maintain that position by producing high-quality products, embracing change, and working as a team to meet our customers’ expectations.
Interested in working for Prism Controls?
Mail your resume to:
Big Dutchman, Inc.
Richard Stebbins, HR
3900 John F. Donnelly Dr.
Holland, MI 49424
Or email your resume to:
Invisible Top Section
Field Service Technician (Full-Time)
Prism Controls, based in Lowell, MI applies technology to make farmers more efficient by providing customized control systems and solutions for egg production in North America. Prism Controls’ computerized data collection, reporting and control systems help advance the egg industry while providing our staff with an environment rich in entrepreneurial innovation, challenge and purpose.
Prism Controls is located in a new 15,000 square foot facility in Lowell, MI, a short drive from Grand Rapids, MI.
Prism Controls holds these Core Values:
- We care deeply about our people and our customers,
- We are reliable and hard-working,
- We have a strong shiv-a-gitter,
- We have a positive, figure it out and get it done attitude,
- We are technical experts with a thirst for learning.
We are looking for a candidate that embodies these core values with the following job functions in mind:
- Commission, wire, terminate, configure, customize, and troubleshoot PMSI control systems and components at customer locations
- Provide supervision, inspection, testing, evaluation, and education of other contractors and their work relating to our systems
- Write logic, PLC I/O layouts, and human interfaces for PMSI systems. PMSI control systems operate as a PLC including an HMI to allow local control.
- Read, understand, and be able to explain to others electrical and mechanical drawing packages, data sheets, and instructions from PMSI and other sources to integrate the various components of a control system.
- Provide training, advice, guidance, direction, and consulting to customers and contractors as far as recommended practices, PMSI equipment operation, egg production, egg processing, and other related systems.
- Troubleshoot and support Microsoft Windows, PC’s, networking, PMSI equipment, and systems as well as related third-party systems over the phone, via email, and through remote access
- Troubleshoot third-party mechanical, electrical, and control systems to ensure proper operation of PMSI equipment
- Participate in PMSI’s 24-hour rotating On-call hotline
- Execute special projects based on direction from the operations manager.
- Interest in long-term employment and on-the-job training, with good interpersonal skills and mindset required.
- 3-5 years’ experience in one or more of the following
- Industrial, agricultural, process, and/or HVAC controls
- Computer networking, PC support, information technology, and/or complex software
- Agricultural equipment, operation and/or technical maintenance
- Controls level electrical systems, PLC’s and automation systems or other complex electronic systems
- Field service involving controls, electronics, and/or PLC’s
- Ability to read and use schematics, drawings, documentation, and datasheets.
- Experience in project management, and customer service
- Proficient and diplomatic with oral and written communication with customers.
- Technical aptitude and experience preferred, including electrical and mechanical systems.
- >75% Travel – Willing to work irregular hours and weekends as required. Potential for trips lasting up to 3 weeks at a time.
- Willingness to work in an agricultural environment which can be dirty, and dusty. Employees may encounter condensing humidity, heat, cold, airborne ammonia, airborne allergens, cleaning and disinfectant compounds, pests, insects, and manure during the course of work.
- Ability to both stand and sit while working for long periods of time, climb stairs and ladders, have the ability to move around and through agricultural equipment and construction sites, use lifts, power, and hand tools, and any other activities generally associated with construction and/or office work.
Prism Controls offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package, including a generous allotment of Personal Time Off and a profit-sharing bonus. To learn more about Prism Controls and our products, please visit our website at: www.prismcontrols.com
Send resume to: email@example.com.
Open for Resumes
Prism Control™ is always willing to talk to talented people who want to explore opportunities in the Agriculture Tech field.
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.